Apricot & Almond Slice — yummy!
This is one of my favorite cakes ever. It’s not so difficult to make and it tastes so yummy! Guess where I got the recipe?? Yup, my mum-in-law…:-)
APRICOT & ALMOND SLICE
(Any fruits can be used insted of apricots, e.g. stewed apples)
- 1 large can of apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar (you can reduce it if you don’t like too sweet cake)
- 250 grams soft butter – chopped
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- finely grated rind of 1 large orange
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar — to serve
- thick cream — to serve
1. Pre-heat oven 180 degree Celcius
2. Grease & line 16×26 slab tin
3. Drain apricots
4. Process eggs & sugar until pale yellow.
5. Add softed butter and beat for 2 minutes or until creamy.
6. Sprinkle flour, almond meal, and grated orange rind over butter mixture, pour milk & vanilla over dry ingredients.
7. Beat all ingredients together well.
8. Spoon 2/3 of batter into prepared pan. Smooth top.
9. Place apricots, cut side up over mixture.
10. Spoon remaining mixture over apricots. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t cover the fruit.
11. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cooked. Then, allow to stand for 10 minutes.
12. Sprinkle with icing sugar, cut into squares. Can be served with thick cream.
Belive me…one slice is never enough. I just baked one today because we had a family came over for a coffee. They just love the cake🙂
Worth the effort, really.
note: if you don’t have self raising flour, shift combined plain flour and baking soda (1 cup flour: 1 flat teaspoon baking soda)
Entry filed under: Cooking World. Tags: .